When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro. - Hunter S. Thompson

23 November 2004

SimplySwagger launches

BobLee Swagger, the Clown Prince of sports commentary, is diversifying and expanding his media empire.

I've long been a fan of the SwaggerSays site, where BobLee holds forth on current events in the world of sport. Here's BobLee on the "late unpleasantness," the big Pacers-Pistons-fans free-for-all:
Am I the only one that wondered how “Fat Idiot Fans” (FIF) ended up in those courtside VIP seats? Isn’t that where Detroit’s versions of Jack Nicholson should be sitting? Maybe the Vice Pres of Chrome Bumpers for General Motors or Berry Gordy’s 6th wife’s personal trainer? … you’d think after buying $250 replica jerseys that “FIF” would be tapped out for $500 seats.
I say that's a valid question.

Well, as I said earlier, Swagger (author, humorist, and raconteur) is spreading his wings, and has just launched a new site, SimplySwagger.com. SimplySwagger is a new sandbox to play in, a place for BobLee to express some political and social ideas:
At 6:30 AM on Nov 2 I awoke as "a greedy country club Republican with my Halliburton portfolio and my tax cut (for the wealthy dontchaknow)” … 13 hours later, as the polls closed … I had somehow morphed into [an] “Ignorant Southern Redneck Religious Zealot”.
Preach, brother. I was tempted to invite some of my Blue State colleagues to come to church with me for some snake-handling my own self.

No comments: