To refresh your memory, the components of the White Trash Portfolio were as follows:
- BFB - Brown-Forman Corp. Cl B
- BUD - Anheuser-Busch Cos. Inc.
- CHB - Champion Enterprises Inc.
- F - Ford Motor Co.
- GM - General Motors Corp.
- IGT - International Game Technology
- KO - Coca-Cola Co.
- MCD - McDonald's Corp.
- MO - Altria Group Inc.
- WMT - Wal-Mart Stores Inc
- DIA, which tracks the Dow Jones Industrial Average, is down 29.3%.
- SPY, which tracks the S&P 500, is down 34.7%.
- VTI, which tracks the performance of the broad US stock market as a whole, is down 35%.
- IYC, which tracks the Dow Jones Consumer Cyclical index, is down 38.6%.
Amazingly, Anheuser-Busch, McDonald's and Wal-Mart are all still in the positive column since portfolio inception; BUD is the winner at 23.2% in gains.
Big Loser: GM, losing 80% of its value since purchase, followed closely by Altria, with a 77.3% loss.