When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro. - Hunter S. Thompson

19 April 2010

Sometimes Google Voice transcripts are really shockingly accurate. And sometimes...

From my Google Voice inbox, this thoroughly puzzling "transcript" of a caller's message:

"Bye really what your bye. So I want balls and I don't know if you have them. He's the trail from capsules. I just this is black box. Okay, see you. I don't know. But I that connect because it bye. I don't know if late but this trip. Yeah. Yeah. Mrs. From 00 North, but if you can all of it. Bye."

Wow. Just wow.

Posted via web from enrevanche on posterous


Marsosudiro said...

That's much closer to what I expected from the technology.

I have some deaf friends in Garner. On my next visit, I plan to bring my laptop and Dragon Naturally Speaking so that I can talk with them rather than writing to them.

A gizmo I'd like to see: a voice recognition microphone connected to a light pair of goggles that has an LED display on the frame (for the deaf person to read, while a heads up display on the inside tells me what the goggles are saying, so that I can correct mistakes as fast as they're made.

Chap said...

Hey Barry, did you type that thing on a Newton?

Barry said...

Heh. An iPad, actually.