When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro. - Hunter S. Thompson

03 May 2010

Please allow me to introduce myself

Dear members of the OpenNMS community:

Please allow me to introduce myself. :-)

Barry Campbell January 2010 Posterized

My name is Barry Campbell, and I’ve just joined The OpenNMS Group, Inc. as Director of Communications.

In my new role, I’m taking responsibility for technical communications, marketing communications, and industry analyst relations. Every day, I’m going to work as hard as I can to improve the public awareness of OpenNMS, The OpenNMS Group, Inc. and the great OpenNMS community supporting the project.

I’ve worked in the IT industry for the last 25 years, for companies large and small, as a technical writer, trainer, information designer, department manager and (very) hands-on executive. I’m now going to bring my years of experience to bear on the issues and concerns that OpenNMS Group has as it faces even more rapid growth.

I’ll be reaching out to the community in coming days, weeks, and months.  If you don’t want to wait for me to get in touch with you, please feel free to reach out to me first!

Here’s my new work contact info.

Barry Campbell, Director of Communications
bcampbel -at- opennms dot com
+1.919.533.0160

Posted via web from enrevanche on posterous

No comments: