When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro. - Hunter S. Thompson

05 April 2007

On the platform, fine...

...but please, not in the subway cars.

I'm talking, of course, about busking.

On the train home last night, two guys who wanted to "entertain" us (read: play music badly and then shake us down for cash) crowded into "my" car on the Broadway Local.

One of them had a 12-string guitar, one of them had a freaking *accordion.*

Don't get me wrong, I love me some norteƱo music, but I don't want to listen to it involuntarily on the way between South Ferry and 14th St. As soon as I could do so safely, I changed to another car (and cranked up my iPod.)

(Old musician's joke: "Perfect pitch" means being able to toss a banjo into a dumpster from 25 paces, and have it hit an accordion when it lands.)

No comments: