When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro. - Hunter S. Thompson

29 January 2005

Kiehls, baby

Talk about service journalism. In "Lovely Weather for Ruining The Skin," New York Times writer Elizabeth Hayt runs down a list of several options for dealing with the dermatological depredations of a New York City winter.

But she left out some of the very best options, and from a home-grown supplier in NYC, to boot!

Okay, two quick things:

(1) This is not an advertisement, and
(2) I guess I am really letting my metrosexual flag fly here, but

Kiehls, baby.

Specifically, their miraculous Creme de Corps, their hand creams and lip balms, and virtually all of their shaving stuff for men.

The only quibble I have with Kiehl's is that their e-commerce unit is a little *too* efficient. Based on the seven-to-ten-business-day lead time that their web site advertises, I ordered my wife a bunch of her favorite Kiehl's products, targeting arrival around Valentine's Day.

She got the box at work yesterday. So now I have to come up with something else to give her for Valentine's Day!

No comments: