When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro. - Hunter S. Thompson

10 February 2005

Thursday catblogging: There's something in the Aeron tonight

In the best enrevanche tradition: if it's Thursday, this must be Mister Gato.

Writing a fan letter to the designers at Herman Miller has been on my to-do list for quite some time now. One of the only relics left from my days toiling in the dot-com vineyards, other than some good friends and business contacts, and some worthless stock, is my fondness for Aeron chairs.

Putting in a long day at work without suffering lower back pain: pure genius. (As one edges cautiously into early middle age, these things become increasingly important.)

We just had to have one for the apartment, especially when my wife was setting up a home office for her freelance writing business. So we marched down to Sam Flax and put our money on the counter.

It's one of the best furniture investments we ever made. Recent developments, however, have complicated the chair situation somewhat:


Actually, this is my chair. Posted by Hello

My fan letter would now read something like this:
Dear Herman,

Love those Aeron chairs. They are the sturdiest things I've ever seen. Not only do they support the weight of an oversized blogging redneck, but when my irascible tomcat tries to sharpen his claws on the plastic mesh, he is incapable of harming it.

Keep up the good work. And would you please consider making a cat-sized Aeron so I can have mine back?

Best regards,

Barry
Gato is proprietary about a number of things in our apartment, not just the desk chair. Here, he guards my wife's knitting bag on the couch... because, you know, that's where the yarn is. And he takes his yarn very seriously.


Gato guards the yarn. Posted by Hello

(Earlier Mister Gato posts: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 and 6. See The Modulator and The Carnival of the Cats for more bloggers' cats from around the world.)

2 comments:

mog said...

A catproof chair, I must get one.

Barry said...

Susan,

If you Google "Aeron Chairs" you will be positively paralyzed by the number of styles, sizes and colors you can get them in.

One very good vendor I am aware of that ships to all 50 states is Sit4Less.com.

Good luck!