When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro. - Hunter S. Thompson

13 November 2005

Heading back to NYC

I've been in North Carolina since October 22nd, when my father passed away; after taking a week of bereavement leave, I've been working from the back bedroom of the house I grew up in ever since.

My bags are packed, and I'm leaving the land of barbecue for the land of bagels in a couple of hours.

There is still so very much to be done here... but we've made a good start.

Mom is coming home from the nursing home next week, thank God, to continue her recovery from back surgery in the comfort of her own home. I've done all that I can to make sure that her transition home will be a smooth one.

I've got business travel coming up -- I'll be on the road for a few days this month, much of December and part of January, and it's just time for me to return to NYC and start taking care of business there.

No comments: