The White Trash Portfolio is hanging in, but showing a little less resiliency than the basket of indices we're tracking.
GM is selling for less in absolute dollars than it has since the 1950s. Accounting for inflation... you really don't want to think about GM at $10 and change a share.
And it looks like BUD might just get bought by some Belgians.
To refresh your memory, the components of the White Trash Portfolio were as follows:
- BFB - Brown-Forman Corp. Cl B
- BUD - Anheuser-Busch Cos. Inc.
- CHB - Champion Enterprises Inc.
- F - Ford Motor Co.
- GM - General Motors Corp.
- IGT - International Game Technology
- KO - Coca-Cola Co.
- MCD - McDonald's Corp.
- MO - Altria Group Inc.
- WMT - Wal-Mart Stores Inc.
...while our basket of indices is down about 13.77%.