When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro. - Hunter S. Thompson

22 April 2005

Welcome aboard, Mountain Philosopher

The always interesting and provocative John deVille has a brand-spanking-new blog, Mountain Philosopher. John's politics, while of a liberal/progressive bent, are neither predictable nor easy to pin down, and while I often disagree with his conclusions, I have long admired his intellectual honesty and rigor.

(John and I go way back... we met in the mid-1980s when we were both staffers on The Phoenix, an "alternative" campus newspaper at the University of North Carolina. Remind me to blog about the time John and I visited "Heritage USA," the Christian theme park formerly owned and operated by Jim and Tammy Faye Bakker, before the first major wave of bimbo/financial mismanagement scandals broke. Hell, I think I still have the clip in my files somewhere.)

Anyway, I'm delighted to introduce you to John's new blog. He's added to the blogroll, and I urge you to check him out in his new home. (Hopefully he'll continue to pepper our comments section with his leftist tripe well-considered thoughts as well.)

No comments: