Without further ado:
1. Total number of films I own on DVD/video:
Roughly 100. 70% VHS, 30% DVD.
2. The last film I bought:
I initially felt very smug about this answer, as I was going to burnish my Cinema Geek credentials and report that it was the recently released DVD of Le chagrin et la pitié (The Sorrow and the Pity), Marcel Ophuls' masterful and incredibly moving documentary about life during the Nazi Occupation in a small city in France.
(If you haven't seen it, you must--but be prepared to be outraged. There are genuine heroes to be found in this film, but the behavior of many of the French would've had to improve significantly in order to be considered disgraceful.)
However, I remembered that there was--ahem--a more recent purchase.
Team America: World Police, Uncensored and Unrated Special Collector's Edition (read: "extended puppet sex version.")
America, fuck yeah!
(hangs head in shame)
3. The last film I watched:
Actually not a film, but the entire first two seasons of HBO's fantastic crime drama series, The Wire, rented on DVD from Netflix. Does that count?
4. Five films that I watch a lot or that mean a lot to me:
- Blade Runner (Director's Cut)
- Drunken Master (just out on DVD - I bought my copy, the original Hong Kong version, years ago as a VHS bootleg from Kim's Video in NYC... Kim's just got busted, by the way)
- Creature Comforts (animation shorts from Aardman)
- The Godfather I and II (which I count as a single film, but III shall never be spoken of)
- The Seven Samurai
Nooooooooo! (said in my best bad William Shatner voice)
This. ends. here.