When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro. - Hunter S. Thompson

11 June 2005

Saturday movie meme

Having been tagged twice with this blogmeme (hi, prairiesong! hi, Mira!) I am badly overdue for a response.

Without further ado:

1. Total number of films I own on DVD/video:

Roughly 100. 70% VHS, 30% DVD.

2. The last film I bought:

I initially felt very smug about this answer, as I was going to burnish my Cinema Geek credentials and report that it was the recently released DVD of Le chagrin et la pitiƩ (The Sorrow and the Pity), Marcel Ophuls' masterful and incredibly moving documentary about life during the Nazi Occupation in a small city in France.

(If you haven't seen it, you must--but be prepared to be outraged. There are genuine heroes to be found in this film, but the behavior of many of the French would've had to improve significantly in order to be considered disgraceful.)

However, I remembered that there was--ahem--a more recent purchase.

Team America: World Police, Uncensored and Unrated Special Collector's Edition (read: "extended puppet sex version.")

America, fuck yeah!

(hangs head in shame)

3. The last film I watched:

Actually not a film, but the entire first two seasons of HBO's fantastic crime drama series, The Wire, rented on DVD from Netflix. Does that count?

4. Five films that I watch a lot or that mean a lot to me:
5. Tag 5 people and have them put this in their journal/blog:

Nooooooooo! (said in my best bad William Shatner voice)

This. ends. here.

No comments: