When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro. - Hunter S. Thompson

09 April 2009

But what about the right to be fabulous?

Jacob Dickerson responds to the new ad campaign from the The National Organization for Marriage:
... unlike the rest of the two thirds of America who don't believe in gay marriage, I'm attractive. I'm educated, funny, well spoken, and generally a pleasure to be around. I'm exactly what the gays want, and with my background in playwrighting and my past in theater, they already know that the homosexuals have a foot in my door.

Gay marriage is about turning me gay. After all, what else outside of my fear of not being able to commit myself to another person before the eyes of the government was stopping me from gaining a love of dick? I can already feel it starting. Since the decision in Iowa, I've noticed words creeping into my lexicon like Chiraz and Emory Board. I've begun to realize that D&G is a fashion label and that Monet is not. I'm even showering more. Gay marriage is trying to take vaginas out of my life forever.

I don't know what to do. A storm is gathering, and I know what's going to happen next. It'll start Raining Men.
Jacob Dickerson, writing at Huffington Post: "Gay Marriage Is After My Rights"

Jacob: Hang tough, man.

No comments: