When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro. - Hunter S. Thompson

13 August 2005

Podcast on indefinite hiatus

One of the things I loved about podcasting was the response that I got from so many people.

I get comments on the blog all the time, many of them thoughtful and interesting.

But folks really seemed to react, and respond, to the music, or to some of the stupid stories I told or the interviews I did, a few of which I'm really proud of. Strangers from around the world felt moved to write in and ask questions, offer suggestions, or just shoot the breeze. Very cool.

Unfortunately, putting the podcasts together every week takes too much time and energy--two commodities that are in short supply for me right now. My work is ramping up to an entirely new level, which isn't necessarily a bad thing, and there are family concerns that are taking up a lot of my time as well.

As well, with the copyright situation yet to be sorted out for podcasts, the possibility of creating legal entanglements by playing music in podcasts is too great, and if anything is becoming greater over time.

In short, although it's been rewarding, the combination of the resource requirements and the risks involved are too much for me right now. I have rethought my priorities, and making podcasts isn't one of them.

So "Greenwich Village Idiot" is going away, quite possibly forever. The podcast site will remain up until the end of the month, at which point it goes away too, so grab 'em if you want 'em while they're still around.

I may be back someday with something different and new.

In the meantime, blogging will continue apace.

Thank you for your continued support and interest.

No comments: