The spinoff of Kraft Foods from parent company Altria has been a net win as well.
Over the same time period, exchange-traded funds (ETFs) tracking the major indexes performed as follows:
- DIA, an ETF which tracks the Dow Jones Industrial Average, is up 1.3%
- SPY, an ETF which tracks the S&P 500, is up 1.1%.
- VTI, an ETF which tracks the performance of the broad US stock market as a whole, is up 1.15%
- IYC, an ETF which tracks the Dow Jones Consumer Cyclical index, is up 1.67%.
And once again, the complete White Trash portfolio is comprised of:
- BFB - Brown-Forman Corp. Cl B
- BUD - Anheuser-Busch Cos. Inc.
- CHB - Champion Enterprises Inc.
- F - Ford Motor Co.
- GM - General Motors Corp.
- IGT - International Game Technology
- KO - Coca-Cola Co.
- KFT - Kraft Foods (not part of original portfolio; spun off by Altria)
- MCD - McDonald's Corp.
- MO - Altria Group Inc.
- WMT - Wal-Mart Stores Inc.