When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro. - Hunter S. Thompson

15 October 2005

Rah, rah! Go, you fighting....Biscuits?!

enrevanche reader, fellow-blogger, spouse and general partner in crime Carrie calls our attention to a minor-league baseball team with a really tasty mascot.

Meet the Montgomery (Alabama) Biscuits, a AA farm team for the Tampa Bay Devil Rays.

Oh, man. I gotta get me a T-shirt and a ball cap, right now.

biscuits shirt
It'll go so well with my Albuquerque Isotopes gear.

I don't know if you can make it out in the picture, but the Biscuit mascot has a little pat of butter for a tongue.

Perfect.

The Montgomery Biscuits (AA Southern League)

(Note to my non-US readers: what you probably think of as a "biscuit," we call a "cracker" or a "cookie" over here. In Southern American English, a "biscuit" is "a small quick bread made from dough that has been rolled out and cut or dropped from a spoon." It is a staple breakfast food item, especially when slathered with butter and jam, or filled with sausage or country ham. I have God's Own Recipe for rolled buttermilk biscuits, if anybody wants it.)

No comments: