When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro. - Hunter S. Thompson

28 September 2005

Dorian's "Garden" has arrived...

An update to an earlier post:

Dorian's new album Garden arrived in the mail this week, and it's fantastic. I've been listening to it on my MP3 player all week (the first thing I do these days when a new CD arrives in the house is rip it and put the disc into storage) and the sound is fresh and upbeat, but with Dorian's usual lyrical intelligence and musical swing.

Of all the songs on the new album, I think my current favorite is "New Mexico":
Rich land in bright sunshine
Flash floods and old coal mines
Ghost towns in silent nights
Paper bags with candlelight
Adobe homes and old dirt roads
All I can think of now is New Mexico
Song samples can be heard at Dorian's site, and you can order there too; US customers can get the CD for $14, postpaid, and there seems to be provision for international orders as well.

No comments: