Lessons learned:The Box O' Truth #5 - The Locks O' Truth
1. "How hard is it to shoot off a lock?" Answer: Very hard.
2. Pistols won't shoot a lock off or even penetrate the lock.
3. Pistols are pistols and rifles are rifles. Enough said.
4. I now understand why our troops are often seen carrying "breeching [sic] shotguns" on their backs and a rifle in their hands. Shotguns will blow a lock off. Rifles will blow holes through a lock, but will not reliably shoot one off.
5. The rifles went through the locks with ease. It is obvious that you could "knaw" [sic] off the lock, little by little with a rifle, but a shotgun does it with one shot.
(Hat tip: Boing Boing)
Post a Comment