When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro. - Hunter S. Thompson

17 July 2005

Wretchard the Cat introduces himself

Wretchard, the brainy and insightful proprietor of The Belmont Club, whisks off the cloak of anonymity and introduces himself after being cited in the Times of London:
My name is Richard Fernandez, of Filipino birth and Australian citizenship. My interest in history probably began at Harvard, from which I graduated with a Masters in Public Policy. Wretchard is the name of an imaginary cat, the symbol of that entire race of stoic, yet somewhat foolish creatures. Belmont is the name of a suburb I roomed in while at Cambridge, Mass.
You know, I'd always wondered about the name of that blog.

Day in and day out, Wretchard's blog is one of the best reads on the Net.

No comments: