When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro. - Hunter S. Thompson

31 March 2006

"Help me crash a party like James Bond."

You know, there are many things about Metafilter that piss me off. The predictable toxic liberal groupthink of the politics in most of the posts, for one thing.

But Ask Metafilter - the ultimate geek advice column, the method to tap into the Metafilter "hive mind" - is absolutely fascinating, and I just can't stay away.

This question is one of the best I've seen in a long, long time, and the creativity of the community as they put together options is a wonder to behold:
A secret cabal of family members is having a rather big party this summer on the shores of Lake Huron. My mission: arrive in style a la James Bond. I've checked out their security, and although strong on three sides, they haven't guarded the lake. Fools. I would like to arrive via the lake. However, I'm having a tough time with what to wear. Preferably, I'd like to slip out of my wetsuit into a crisp, wrinkle free tuxedo. Is this possible?
Be my Q. Help me crash a party like James Bond. | Ask MetaFilter

No comments: